My old GeForce card died sometime before xmas (or the fan did) and i was hoping that id be able to fix it. But since Creative decided to glue the fan to the card instead of using screwes, that was not possible. I tried to attach a fan ontop of the old heatsink but it didn't cool the board enough. So, out the get a new card, and not being the gamer type i thought id settle for a GeForce 2 400 MMX. Got one for about $100 but when i installed it i got a nasty supprise. The screen flickered alot. I thought it was broken so i returned it, but it was the same thing with the replacement, tried a GeForce 2 200 MMX, but the same problem. It seems that the AGP port on my BP6 just cant handle it. I have check around a bit for a fix but it seems that i will have to get a older used card since i cant keep on using this Matrox Millenium PCI that i am using now .
Work has begun on the monitor.dll, and i have added a pie chart and a digital bar to the old graph mode, so it can now display information in four different modes (text only being the last). I will add a analog mode to and then sharpen things up a bit for a release. I might add limited win9x support to the next release to please Tres`ni, but we'll have to see about that.
<< Journal Desktop modifications >>