So, I got quite a lot of work done on the Smooth Calendar rewrite this week, and I will release the first beta after the weekend to the beta users on Google play.
Almost all of the basic functionality is in place and I feel that it is enough for a release, where the last features will be added in a upcoming update. The following features are right now missing but will be added:
- The option to change the order of the items in each event
- The option to change the style of the event text
- The option to select what application is launched when touching the widget
I have also decided that some features will no be returning as follows:
- The option to have different settings for portrait and horizontal
- The option to set a custom image as the background
- The option to set a custom image as the date icon
- The am/pm option (it can still be configured via the time format option, its just the setting that has been removed)
The following new features are also planned:
- Support for tasks / reminders
- Support for different calendar providers
- New options for the date icon (based on a vector version)
- Scalable preview
- Dynamic icon that shows the current date
I have also decided to have all the features in the basic version, with the premium version just being a way for you to support the development.
That is all for now, stay tuned for the first beta release and hopefully for the first stable release soon.